Officially Samsung has announced their next flagship phone the GALAXY S4. Samsung has also released details on all of the specs and features that this phone will have. By now you have seen the press releases or read a post from your favorite tech site, but I am going to show it to you again!
Rise of the machines! This phone will be a beast in your pocket! I am not just speaking on the size of the phone, which won’t bother most of us; I am talking about the list of innovative features included. Samsung has put together a melting pot of geekage/nerd ecstasy. Let me show you.
- 5-inch large screen with 441 ppi that is the “World’s first Full HD Super AMOLED display”
- Gorilla Glass® 3*
- 13 megapixel rear camera
- 2 megapixel front camera
- Dual Camera function – this allows use of both cameras simultaneous when taking a picture. You can then blend the two together with frame effects and 8 unique functions.
- Dual Video Call - allows you to show what you are looking at during a video call.
- 12 camera shooting modes highlighted by the “Drama Shot” mode – This mode allows the user to see all action in 1 time-lapse. & the “Sound & Shot” – which allows the user to record sounds and/or your voice together with the picture.
- Story Album function – Pictures taken will be sorted automatically by timeline, geo-tagging, or event from a created album.
- Group Play – Allows S4 users to share music, photos, documents and games with the need of WiFi or cellular service.
- Share Music – This function allows the same song to be played at the same time on multiple phones.
- S Translator – This function automatically provides voice or text translations in emails to text messages.
- HSPA+42 Mbps & 4G LTE
- Samsung Smart Pause – This function pauses video playback when you look away from the phone & plays it back once you look back at the screen.
- Samsung Smart Scroll – This function automatically scrolls the browser from your wrist movement & where you are looking at on the screen.
- Air View – Hover your finger over the screen to preview pictures and email.
- Air Gesture – Wave your hand to change a music track, scroll on a web page, & accept a call.
- S Voice™ Drive – Optimized voice controls in a car.
- Samsung Optical Reader – Automatically recognizes information like a business card.
- Samsung WatchON – Use your phone as an IR remote control for your TV, DVD player, AC & more.
- S Health – The phone’s sensors monitors your surroundings to help improve your quality of life.
- Samsung Adapt Display – Adapts the screen to your surroundings.
- Samsung Adapt Sound – Personalized sounds and noises based on surroundings and use.
I know, I know, that is a lot of information to take in. That’s why I made bullet points for you! Looking at that list above you can see that Samsung is not playing and that they are determined to rule the smart phone world. Personally I love all of these features but we need to know more about battery life for power users and cost to see how much traction Samsung will gain with this beast. Stay tuned for more details.
With all of this magic going on why would you not want this phone? Really why wouldn't you?